Are you coping with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)?
- Have you experienced or had to deal with an extremely traumatic event that included actual or threatened death, or serious injury to yourself or someone else?
- During the trauma, did you feel intense feelings of fear, helplessness, or horror?
- Have you been re-experiencing the event in the form of nightmares, flashbacks, or intense physical reactions?
- Do you avoid things that remind you of the event, or have you felt numb since the event?
- Have you experienced increased arousal since the trauma (e.g., trouble sleeping, irritability or anger, trouble concentrating, hypervigilence, exaggerated startle response)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment can help you to:
- Work through the traumatic experience, in a safe and supportive environment
- Overcome difficult feelings such as grief, guilt, anxiety, or anger
- Find ways to relax, take care of yourself, and move forward
- Feel less upset when re-engaging in life, even in the presence of things that remind you of the trauma
- Come to terms with the trauma you suffered and create new meanings out of that experience
Why is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment important?
Experiencing a traumatic event can be bad enough, not to mention coping with all the aftermath. Sometimes people feel guilty for surviving a traumatic event when others did not, or they experience intense levels of anxiety, irritability, and avoidance that leads to other problems such as difficulties in their interpersonal relationships, marital conflict, or loss of employment. Therapy is important so that you can stop suffering, move past the trauma, and regain control over your life – you deserve it.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Do you think a loved one could benefit from reading this?
Click the box below to copy the URL and share it using your favorite method (Email, Facebook Messenger, SMS, etc).