Do I need treatment for a Phobia?
If any of the following sounds like you, you might be struggling with a fear or phobia. Do you fear and therefore try to avoid…
- Animals or insects such as dogs, spiders, or snakes?
- Things in the natural environment such as storms, heights, or water?
- Blood, needles, vomiting, or medical procedures?
- Certain situations such as bridges, elevators, tunnels, or public transportation?
- If yes to any of the above, are your fears excessive or getting in the way of your life?
Phobia Treatment can help you to:
- Overcome your fear of dogs, spiders, needles, etc.
- Do what is important to you, e.g., take an elevator or plane ride
- Manage distress in situations where the feared item may be present
Why is Phobia Treatment important?
Avoidance of your fears tends to maintain them and can also make them worse. This can keep you from doing things that you might enjoy (such as trips), can make daily living stressful (such as visiting friends if they have a dog), or can prevent you from doing things you need to do (such as obtaining medical procedures or travelling for work). Treating phobias is usually a simple and straightforward procedure, and usually only a few sessions are needed to see dramatic improvements.
Learn about other Specialty Services
Do you think a loved one could benefit from reading this?
Click the box below to copy the URL and share it using your favorite method (Email, Facebook Messenger, SMS, etc).